Windows Server 2012 and IIS7
The release of the Windows Server 2012 took the hosting world in a storm. Everyone in the VPS hosting world, from windows VPS hosting providers and customers to people who are considering whether or not to buy VPS hosting in the future, is talking about it. Most of them are wondering about the new features that come with the new server version. So here’s a brief introduction to one of the main features of Windows Server 2012, the IIS7.
Windows Server 2012, which was formerly codenamed as Windows Server 8, is the latest release of Windows Server. The IIS7 or Internet Information Services version 7 is a part of Windows Server 2012. IIS7 can be considered as one of the main features of Windows Server 2012, at least for the hosting companies and customers.
Below is a list of some of the new features that you will see in IIS7 for Windows Server 2012:
- IIS7 for Windows Server 2012 offers a more flexible and much more extensible web server for developing and deploying web applications.
- With IIS7, you are able to use a web framework of your own choice. It also includes classic ASP.NET and ASP
- IIS7 for Windows Server 2012 features a fully modular architecture, which consists of 40 pluggable modules. The modules are built on top of all the public extensibility APIs.
- The IIS7 has the ability to minimize the development time and the downtime via powerful new diagnostic capabilities. The new diagnostic capabilities include the ability of accessing runtime information and the ability of automatically tracing failed requests.
- A Distributed configuration system which saves the settings in web.config files.
These are just a few of the features that come with the IIS7 for Windows Server 2012. Keep your eye open for these features when you are thinking whether or not to buy VPS hosting. We will update you with more info about the other features in the near future!BACK TO ARTICLES